Peach fuzz is perfect on, well, peaches, but it can be an unwelcome attribute on your face. Don’t pick up that little pink perfumed razor just yet. Our aesthetician Edyta recommends our dermaplaning treatment for lightly fuzzy faces at LaserMed Skin and Vein Clinic in Alpharetta, GA.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a gentle exfoliation technique that uses a sterile surgical scalpel to gently scrape across the top layer of the skin. This is where dead skin cells accumulate to dull your skin’s vibrancy, and peach fuzz (vellus hair) resides. Peach fuzz can grow blonde, gray, brown, almost colorless, or whatever color the hair is on your head. Under many kinds of lighting vellus hairs may seem invisible, yet in bright sunlight or backlighting you might appear haloed by fuzz. Dermaplaning is a better option because these fine hairs can be difficult to remove with typical hair-removal methods such as waxing, threading, and even laser.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
- You’ll look great in profile in bright sunlight – no fuzzy halo on cheeks and jawline.
- It painlessly exfoliates the outer skin surface to reveal brighter skin underneath.
- A good alternative if you have sensitive skin, as well as those who are pregnant, who might react with irritation to chemical peels or laser treatments.
- Dermaplaning can be performed prior to facials, laser treatments, chemical peels, and CO2 laser resurfacing for enhanced results.
- It is a treatment that can be performed repetitively with no downtime. Results last about one month.
- Your skin care products will absorb better and makeup will apply more evenly.
- Hair is not removed by the bulb, and will not grow back thicker or darker.
Remember… Results are Individual
Everyone is different, and as the hair removal results of dermaplaning are not permanent, how often you need to repeat the treatment depends on your own individual hair-growth cycle. In the case of excessive male-pattern hair growth (termed hirsutism) a laser hair removal series may prove more beneficial and yield permanent eradication. As well, if you are experiencing active acne breakouts and/or cystic acne, our aestheticians recommend our acne facials or a hydrafacial for brighter looking skin. Ready to defuzz and exfoliate? You can call us here at LaserMed Skin and Vein Clinic in Alpharetta to book a skin consultation with our aesthetician Edyta if you’d like to learn more about dermaplaning.